Your Guide to FHA Loans - The Affordable Way to Own Your Dream Home
Are you looking for a more affordable way to own your dream home? If so, you should consider an FHA loan. Here is everything you need to know about FHA loans:
What is an FHA loan?
An FHA loan is a government-backed mortgage insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). This loan program is designed to help lower-income and moderate-income borrowers qualify for a mortgage with a low down payment requirement.
Benefits of an FHA Loan:
- Low down payment: FHA loans require as little as 3.5% down payment, making homeownership more affordable and accessible to more people.
- Lenient credit score requirements: FHA loans have more relaxed credit score requirements than conventional loans, making them an ideal option for those with less-than-perfect credit.
- Competitive interest rates: FHA loans offer competitive interest rates, which can help you save money over the life of your loan.
Eligibility for an FHA Loan:
- Steady employment history: You must have a steady employment history or have worked continuously for the past two years.
- Valid Social Security number: You must have a valid Social Security number.
- Minimum credit score of 580: You must have a minimum credit score of 580 to be eligible for an FHA loan.
- Down payment of at least 3.5%: You must be able to make a down payment of at least 3.5% of the purchase price of the home.
How to Apply for an FHA Loan:
- Find an FHA-approved lender: You must find an FHA-approved lender, like Security First Financial, to apply for an FHA loan.
- Work with a knowledgeable Loan Originator: Our Loan Originators are knowledgeable about the FHA loan program and can guide you through the process.
- Fill out an online application: To get started, you can fill out our online application or contact us directly.
At Security First Financial, we believe that everyone should have access to affordable homeownership. Contact us today to learn more about our FHA loan program and how we can help you achieve your dream of owning your own home.